Q regarding Tyche's Celebration of Joy

DeletedUser

hello grepo, I have a question about Tyche's Celebration of Joy. I know that both Tyche's Enlightenment for attacking and Tyche's Encouragement for defending only affect one town. But what about the Celebration of Joy token for reducing city festival cost? Does anyone know if that applies to just one town or if it will affect all your towns and the festival costs in them all?

DeletedUser271

I just tried it, and it's only effective on the city on which you cast the spell :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

thank you sir/maam person.

I am of course trying to decide if it is worth buying in the shard shop of this year's Easter event. Definitely if all cities would have received the bonus, but I see a better use for the shards if it only affects just the one.

again, my thanks
drewshoe

DeletedUser271

I personally don't use it. The Heightened Senses badge that gives you double BP is a much more efficient way of getting culture points - instead of paying a certain amount of resources you need only attack the enemy/support your alliance and you won't just get 1 culture point (as with the festival), but a whole bunch of them through Victory Processions :)

I usually get more culture points while a double BP badge is running than with Tyche's celebration of joy, because the city on which I cast the spell always end up getting hit and I have to focus on rebuilding rather than doing festivals :)

DeletedUser12822

Well certainly it is necessary to have another method of getting CPs; you can't rely just on VPs. For example, on Delos, only 47.5% of my culture has come from VPs, so I need another way to get the rest of the 52.5%. The best is City Festival Imo. For different players, the %of culture that BP brings you is different, but unless you're a really high ranked fighter, you do need an alternative method.