Greetings and Salutations!

DeletedUser11502

2)If it is in an alliance forum, they are the responsibility of the alliance Founders and Leaders.

^^^^ They had 0 care about it. However, why is it up to them? If it's reported is this answer given or is it treated the same as any reported mail? In which, these are poor leaders to begin with but that's besides the point.

I will answer this in two parts:

First alliance leadership must do it's job in its own way, we cannot tell them how to run their respective alliances nor do we want to unless it is contrary to the rules. By moderating alliance forums, we would be interfering with how they do things. It is up to the players to join or remain in an alliance, and it is up to the leadership to inspire the players to follow them.

Secondly it falls to simple math. There are 14 and soon to be 15 active worlds on the us server. In each world there can be 100+ alliances of varying sizes from a single player to whatever the cap is on each world, which equates to 14-1500+ alliance forums. Now if a moderator were to spend on average 10 minutes in each forum that would equate to 14-15,000 minutes. This would work out to roughly 9.7 to 10.4 DAYS to go through all the forums once. If you want to check my math:

14 (worlds) x 100 (alliances) x 10 (minutes)=(14000 minutes / 60 (min/hr)) / 24 hr/day = 9.722 days
15 (worlds) x 100 (alliances) x 10 (minutes)=(15000 minutes / 60 (min/hr)) / 24 hr/day = 10.41 days

I will point out that in rare occasions the CM may direct the support team to moderate a specific alliance's forum. When this happens, it is usually NOT fun for the leadership of that alliance and if the forums are shared, then that is extended to the leadership of those alliances as well.

3) Policy - while ignorant of them, just seems like there's a better way. But, I'll leave this where it's at.

I have found that there is always a 'better way' however finding it can be a journey in itself.

4) I tired at least lol

smiley_emoticons_biggrin.gif

Side Note: Regarding the very top part about real life fights and etc. I've seen this, heard about it and had a close friend get taken to court over this game. People are crazy that's for sure. I DO appreciate EVERY MOD in their fight against this nonsense and poorness. My best friend committed suicide right in front of me so I understand of the pain of even having to deal with a threatening suicidal person and the inner worry that it might be real. I will always defend every MOD in this.

Lastly, considering the amount of myths, bad information, and etc regarding MODs. Maybe there should be a dedicated thread in the Wiki or in the externals here describing what they do, are responsible for, and cannot do?

I appreciate those comments. We get to see the best and worst in players. I will forward your suggestion to the CM in regards to the Wiki. I will give you a quick summary, though vague, it pretty much covers the job. In Game Moderator are tasked to educate players on general issues in regards to game play, assist players in basic trouble shooting techniques and rule enforcement among other numerous tasks. I would like to say there is never a dull moment, but I would be lying...

DeletedUser11720

This has been a very interesting read. I wish there would have been more input rather than a sole player. Maybe we need a mod Q & A thread. There seems to be a lot of accusations floating around and cries of unfairness and biased bans. From favoritism to gold usage and simply many misunderstood rules and unanswered questions that usually end up being answered with false information from a usually regarded player whom themselves do not even have the proper data to reference. Quite frankly these claims are amusing at best. I urge those with intelligent replies to comment however. I would like to see players properly informed rather than the assumptions that spread like the plague.
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

I do need to add an additional note. Grepolis is a war game. Everyone needs to remember what that means.

DeletedUser9276

This has been a very interesting read. I wish there would have been more input rather than a sole player. Maybe we need a mod Q & A thread. There seems to be a lot of accusations floating around and cries of unfairness and biased bans. From favoritism to gold usage and simply many misunderstood rules and unanswered questions that usually end up being answered with false information from a usually regarded player whom themselves do not even have the proper data to reference. Quite frankly these claims are amusing at best. I urge those with intelligent replies to comment however. I would like to see players properly informed rather than the assumptions that spread like the plague.
smiley_emoticons_skullhaufen.gif

I do need to add an additional note. Grepolis is a war game. Everyone needs to remember what that means.
If they are amusing then moderation shouldn't have a problem explaining how bans work for certain offenses.

Every time people ask they skirt around the question and give an HR like answer.

Language for instance. How does it work? I have seen players banned for 24 hours or more for very little and I have seen other players absolutely lay into people as far as language and insults and nothing.

The response rate of mods is crap, as far as being volunteers they are paid in gold i do believe no? That is some kind of compensation. As a paying customer of Inno for the last five years I would think that their customer service would be a bit better.

A little more transperancy on the part of mods would make people fill a whole lot better about moderation on this game. Many of us claim bias because we have seen it or experienced it first hand. The rule about not being able to speak about bans on the forum also makes addressing things difficult, but of course you guys already knew that.

Realistically many of us dislike mods because we have all experienced a basement dwelling mod on a power trip at one point or another.

DeletedUser3327

If they are amusing then moderation shouldn't have a problem explaining how bans work for certain offenses.

Every time people ask they skirt around the question and give an HR like answer.

Language for instance. How does it work? I have seen players banned for 24 hours or more for very little and I have seen other players absolutely lay into people as far as language and insults and nothing.

The response rate of mods is crap, as far as being volunteers they are paid in gold i do believe no? That is some kind of compensation. As a paying customer of Inno for the last five years I would think that their customer service would be a bit better.

A little more transperancy on the part of mods would make people fill a whole lot better about moderation on this game. Many of us claim bias because we have seen it or experienced it first hand. The rule about not being able to speak about bans on the forum also makes addressing things difficult, but of course you guys already knew that.

Realistically many of us dislike mods because we have all experienced a basement dwelling mod on a power trip at one point or another.

I is a good question about banning for inappropriate language and sometimes it depends on the mod who is reviewing it. Mostly, however, it has to do with past infractions by the same player. They add up. So once you go on record in any world for inappropriate content, it stays with you and influences the next infraction.

As far as response times, there are precious few of us so when we sleep, tickets don't get answered. So if you know anyone who has a spotless record and a thoughtfully good player encourage them to Volunteer. By the way, the "copious" amount of game gold we get helps us in beta worlds and keeps us in administrators for a short period of time. For me it works out to about 2 gold for each hour spent being tied to my devices monitoring tickets I think greeting at Walmart pays better. lol. Trust me, we don't do it for the compensation.

Like Antz, I also posted on the forum under Off Topic.

Also, we need this feedback.

DeletedUser3327

Antz! Welcome, some thoughts from good ole Beasty :D

1) When a MOD plays a world to ensure it does well and etc, that MOD cannot lead NOR join an alliance NOR post on the externals/report external anything. This is TWICE now I've put a in game MOD in their place (both through war and verbal history/proving them a liar) and they take personal feelings out on specific players. This is COMPLETELY unfair. Esp, when INNO and the higher-ups ALWAYS back their MODs. The MOD should ONLY be a "Lone Wolf" and just do whatever in the game but cannot have the possibility of winning, joining/creating a team and etc.

1a) Now a MOD may join a world and play and win and do everything that opposes the top part, but ONLY if they are not a MOD for the world they're in and just a specific player. In which, the MOD rights and "rule" where they get backed on everything is null and void for that world. Otherwise a MOD can abuse the rights (happened here) and report specific players but not report or even begin to acknowledge far worse players/offenses.

2) Calling people such names like and worse and related (if that breaks rules and needs changing sorry, just giving example) should be intolerable and cause for immediate attackable ban - If this needs to go to the "suggestions" part, I'll send that in :)

This is ridiculous, unacceptable, and downright wrong. It's one thing to call someone a noob and go off like that. WHOLE other thing to be mouthing off insults such as those. I also propose that if a player is banned twice for the same thing in the same world (regarding this) the player is banned from the game permanently. Those players aren't needed regardless of how much money they spend. Inno/Grepo loses WAY more players and therefore customers when a player of this nature comes along and isn't dealt with or "turned the other way" from.

3) Anything reported and interpretation of the rules should not be solely up to the viewpoint of one MOD. It should be a general consensus of ALL Grepo MODs/managers. This way, there's no unfairness and helps eliminate problem #1 I presented. For example, if I say "leedleleedlelee" (again, example, sorry) one MOD may not view it as breaking the rules whereas another may. This is the current "law" in place for Grepo. And it causes favoritism and unfairness (see point #1).

4) You saying "Sunvaar is the light of everyone's World in Oropos" would be FAN-STINKING-TASTIC! :DDDDDDDDD
Inside joke that upsets the noobzzzzzz :p

Appreciate you and excited for the new chapter!

Greetings to a fellow Thu'um speaker. I am not nearly as proficient as you are. Kudos to you Beast of Inferno.

DeletedUser11720

1. We do not skirt around when being asked about bans. You are not at liberty to know about another players ban. This will never happen in or outside of support. As far as the bans and to which infraction carries what punishment there is a solid way to find out. Break the rules. Its really simple, be an honest player and keep a respectable composure with the community just as you would with your grandparents and you wont ever have to worry about crossing us in a negative way or know what the ban punishments actually are..Language bans depend on circumstances and most times are handled by a separate utility due to international privacy laws. This utility requires a player to gift us access to see the private text from the message in order to issue an infraction. This means players must report each message. Just reporting the top message that says nothing assuming we can look at the whole context is the failure. We can only issue infractions on reported replies. An in these issued infractions the bans are all standardized and automatic. please feel free to post here https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?forums/ideas.87/ if you would like them changed.

2. The response rate directly proportionate to the everyday persons life. We understand that not everyone holds normal 9-5 jobs in their timezone but due to the limited amount of mods (less than 15) for a group of servers with easily 10,000 players you can imagine you may need to actually wait a little bit. Think of it like the Local DMV that is always on lunch hour. FCFS .. "first come first serve". And you need to keep in mind not every ticket is easily answered and require time to investigate and test, yet we try to at least let you know we've seen the request and do our best to get to you as quickly as we can.

2b. Just because you purchase the premium advisors or spend gold on making your towns and empires larger and faster more efficiently, the use of premium does not make any one player more important than another. Anyone who thinks like this is selfish.

3. Transparency - There is no bias permitted whatsoever. Why do we need to be transparent. Its actually proven that when players know of our presence the rule breaking infractions actually significantly decrease. Afraid you might get caught factor. If we all had streets you never saw police on until something serious happened, what do you think would happen. Transparency is actually not good. As far as witnessing bias, yes there have been isolated incidents in the past, i do not disagree. These incidents however are not taken lightly at all. We as moderators are held at a higher standard than our community. Any discovered bias usually ends up with a mod loosing their access and being removed from the moderation team. If you ever want to know who the current moderators are there is a thread https://us.grepolis.com/team.

Finally - Basement Dwelling mod! interesting term, but ok here it goes. Show a mod respect and you will receive respect. Disrespect a mod I'll be the first to tell you I will proceed slowly and at my own leisure. I volunteer to fill this position, I am not paid any monetary compensation. I work 60 plus hours a week if not more to compensate myself and family aside from volunteering here. I can confidently say I speak for all of us, when we are trash talked, yelled at, called names, lied to, players pretending to be mods, claiming we don't do our jobs, claiming favoritism and much much more. You can be sure that upsets and irritates most of us .

You're " meaning all players" best practice is stop cheating, breaking rules and being disrespectful. The most humorous part of my job is not the job and the sometimes outrageous things we see, its the fact that its always the same players bashing us. the same repeat offenders , players who have been banned usually more than 2 or three times. I never hear honest players sending complaints to inno or snapping off in chats about how unfair we are and how we don't do our jobs. It is typically the players who end up on the wrong end of the stick who consistently have something to say.

p.s. I personally don't care how well known a player is, i do not care how much gold you spend, who you know, how long you've played or any of that stuff to be honest. What I care about is the player who has an issue gets it resolved the best we can given the tools we are provided to assist them and the game rules are not broken.

Anything else ??

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3327

Hey Pluto, tell us how you really feel.
smiley_emoticons_viking.gif
- Pluto shows his passion for the game and its players by being very direct. Those of us that work with him find him very knowledgeable and willing to handle even the dumbest questions with patience and expertise. I have a softer touch, although my stick is wielded with the same gusto to eliminate cheating wherever i find it.

DeletedUser9276

1. We do not skirt around when being asked about bans. You are not at liberty to know about another players ban. This will never happen in or outside of support. As far as the bans and to which infraction carries what punishment there is a solid way to find out. Break the rules. Its really simple, be an honest player and keep a respectable composure with the community just as you would with your grandparents and you wont ever have to worry about crossing us in a negative way or know what the ban punishments actually are..Language bans depend on circumstances and most times are handled by a separate utility due to international privacy laws. This utility requires a player to gift us access to see the private text from the message in order to issue an infraction. This means players must report each message. Just reporting the top message that says nothing assuming we can look at the whole context is the failure. We can only issue infractions on reported replies. An in these issued infractions the bans are all standardized and automatic. please feel free to post here https://us.forum.grepolis.com/index.php?forums/ideas.87/ if you would like them changed.

2. The response rate directly proportionate to the everyday persons life. We understand that not everyone holds normal 9-5 jobs in their timezone but due to the limited amount of mods (less than 15) for a group of servers with easily 10,000 players you can imagine you may need to actually wait a little bit. Think of it like the Local DMV that is always on lunch hour. FCFS .. "first come first serve". And you need to keep in mind not every ticket is easily answered and require time to investigate and test, yet we try to at least let you know we've seen the request and do our best to get to you as quickly as we can.

2b. Just because you purchase the premium advisors or spend gold on making your towns and empires larger and faster more efficiently, the use of premium does not make any one player more important than another. Anyone who thinks like this is selfish.

3. Transparency - There is no bias permitted whatsoever. Why do we need to be transparent. Its actually proven that when players know of our presence the rule breaking infractions actually significantly decrease. Afraid you might get caught factor. If we all had streets you never saw police on until something serious happened, what do you think would happen. Transparency is actually not good. As far as witnessing bias, yes there have been isolated incidents in the past, i do not disagree. These incidents however are not taken lightly at all. We as moderators are held at a higher standard than our community. Any discovered bias usually ends up with a mod loosing their access and being removed from the moderation team. If you ever want to know who the current moderators are there is a thread https://us.grepolis.com/team.

Finally - Basement Dwelling mod! interesting term, but ok here it goes. Show a mod respect and you will receive respect. Disrespect a mod I'll be the first to tell you I will proceed slowly and at my own leisure. I volunteer to fill this position, I am not paid any monetary compensation. I work 60 plus hours a week if not more to compensate myself and family aside from volunteering here. I can confidently say I speak for all of us, when we are trash talked, yelled at, called names, lied to, players pretending to be mods, claiming we don't do our jobs, claiming favoritism and much much more. You can be sure that upsets and irritates most of us .

You're " meaning all players" best practice is stop cheating, breaking rules and being disrespectful. The most humorous part of my job is not the job and the sometimes outrageous things we see, its the fact that its always the same players bashing us. the same repeat offenders , players who have been banned usually more than 2 or three times. I never hear honest players sending complaints to inno or snapping off in chats about how unfair we are and how we don't do our jobs. It is typically the players who end up on the wrong end of the stick who consistently have something to say.

p.s. I personally don't care how well known a player is, i do not care how much gold you spend, who you know, how long you've played or any of that stuff to be honest. What I care about is the player who has an issue gets it resolved the best we can given the tools we are provided to assist them and the game rules are not broken.

Anything else ??
See this response is typical of why people dislike mods.

Thanks for making my point for me and contradicting yourself multiple times within this statement. I am sure you are gonna whine, so I will break it down for you.

1. I am not talking about other players bans, I am talking about why a botter gets a 3 day ban and I have seen other people only get 5 day bans for things that arent anywhere near as egregious. That isnt right, not at all. If ban punishments are widely known that eliminates alot of the chance of bias. As far as following the rules, mate I have only ever been banned 1 time and it was for something I didnt even do. The mod said he had a "gut feeling" and couldn't provide any hard evidence. Not only could he not provide hard evidence, I provided evidence of my own that was to the contrary. I was perma banned on that server and this was my first and only ever "offense" on this game.

2. Obviously we won't get an instant response, that is understood and acceptable. The mods taking over 17 hours to respond to our players appeal though and then over 24 hours to lift has ban after they said they would do it is unacceptable though.

2b. I never said that spending gold makes you more important than a player that doesn't. I am saying that everyone, even the people not using gold are customers and are helping to fund this game. They should be treated as such, poor customer service and talking down to people as mods do, you being a prime example, is bad business.

3. Yes yes you keep saying their is no bias, but as I have said me and many other players I know have seen the bias first hand on multiple worlds. Transperancy helps with that, so the players who were bias got taken off the moderation team? Great, that doesn't help the player who banned though now does it?

I found your last few paragraphs particuarly enlightening and adds on to why you are the prototype mod that people hate. You say that mods don't act with bias, but if you feel "disrespected" which is actually all about perspective then you purposefully move slower. Hmm what does that sound like? OH bias. hmm howboh dah.

I don't bash you guys because I am a repeat offender or have been banned 2 or 3 times like you like to pretend. I bash you guys because you suck and have continued to suck the duration of my time playing this game. There is hope though, maybe someday you will stop being holier than thou condescending pricks, but I do doubt it.

DeletedUser15357

Wow, great to see so many MODs here, for real. Thank you. It's great to see that you guys want this cleared up as much as we do!

Some thoughts on the new posts:

1) In regards to my "Political "lockout"" - From the Forum Rules:
  • Please note that we reserve the right to ban or infract players even if they haven't violated the stated forum rules.
^^ Problem..

2) Bend had a comment that started with a quote from Pluto and then texts from him: I 100% agree. A lot of times, players who are the most outspoken as well (not discrediting the "most cases it's poor people who break rules who speak out") are players who have seen or been hit by the abuse. I had an issue with a MOD in a former world due to in-game politics and war (he got beat down). We got into an argument and I KNOW for a fact he tried to find a way to get me locked out of my account (he admitted it to another player who FWD it to me) and the MOD overseeing the externals to the world and the world itself sent me mail and reason as to why a former external account was "locked down" (don't want to break rules). I didn't know about this rule at the time but was okay with it at least because it was an old account and one that hadn't been used in a long time. Still, the bias was present..

3) Dottie: Appreciate it! Great to see someone appreciate the Dragon Language :) Won't get into details as to how I got it approved years ago, but thank you! Toor meaning inferno, is synonymous with "hell" and since the word doesn't exist in the DL, well it's implied in the name.

4) Pluto & Dottie: I appreciate bold and direct responses. I myself am the same way and personality. Course, that's why a lot of people don't like me either. Because I'm not afraid to call out someone or [in game] destroy them.

5) Pluto - In response to your answers to bend in numbers:
5-1) this is GREAT to know. Would love to see this in a "what MODs are for thread thing. A lot of myth and dislike to MODs also comes from ignorance of what they truly do, are responsible for, and authorities they have. In ignorance, as we see in every election (especially the recent US one) we see poor opinions get shouted loudly. And good ole psychology knows that the louder the sound, the more people believe. Silencing the ignorance can comes from responses like this where it's readily available to read for all players (which I would add a tiered authority as to what a Senior MOD can do vs a Reg MOD vs COMA and etc.

5-2) My own point - And this is going to tick people off but sorry. Type A here and in the "transparency" this needs addressing:
From your own words:

Ex 1) Show a mod respect and you will receive respect. Disrespect a mod I'll be the first to tell you I will proceed slowly and at my own leisure.

Ex 2) There is no bias permitted whatsoever.

^^ OOPS.. I understand the volunteer part and your entire perspective and thoughts behind "I don't need this". I get it. But that is being bias... You volunteer to do a job. Just like any job, volunteer or not, you don't do it or do it incorrectly and punishments follow. From documentation to termination. Not saying any MOD should be unless it's blatant abuse and etc as formerly discussed as to why MODs lose their rights, but this is a job. Customer service is what keeps the buyers and many people to come back. The better the CS, the more people. The worse, the less. Using retail as an example, people (I have been as well) get cussed out and personally insulted all the time. And employees have to not only take it, but still provide the best customer service OR bring in a manager/higher manager. In which, they do the same thing (not talking cases of boisterousness, obscene, and etc). It's one thing to be slow because of timing, another to choose to be...

6) Antz, thank you for the responses!

DeletedUser11720

Somehow this turned from replies to a game of semantics sooo..

Clear and to the point. We have guidelines we follow. Standard responses to keep uniformity and processes we must follow. Bans set by Innogames not by CoMa or mods, duration are out of our control, though in rare cases with review by other seniors and myself bans have been reduced or lifted. The type of ban is also standardized to an infraction and we also cannot change these types. We cannot disclose what ban and punishments mate each other because we are not permitted to by Innogames. We cannot discus or disclose the tools we have access to or our ways of proving our cases but we do have extensive "paperwork" that must be accurate and complete before any ban is permitted to be issued. Bans are consistently reviewed by senior mods, Server Admins and the CoMa to ensure accuracy. Very rarely are these bans placed without second and sometimes third reviews. As far as bias based on rude and irate players. Call any retail or commercial business and start talking to them with disrespect, I'm pretty sure you end up on hold for a supervisor (senior) for minutes, sometimes 10's of minutes. I can with high confidence assure you they are acting no differently than we do. We are as polite and civil as possible and remain as calm as can be through the worst of players.

"They should be treated as such, poor customer service and talking down to people as mods do, you being a prime example, is bad business."
Yet I still hold a very high ranking in rating in support for my professionalism and aid to players even while I am at times unable to resolve issues and I consistently ban and deny lifting of players bans.

I don't bash you guys because I am a repeat offender or have been banned 2 or 3 times like you like to pretend. I bash you guys because you suck and have continued to suck the duration of my time playing this game. There is hope though, maybe someday you will stop being holier than thou condescending pricks, but I do doubt it.
what you mean to say is ... You mods suck because things don't go my way. I wanted this and you didn't give me what I wanted .. blah blah blah.. this is not biased BTW.. this is fact and proven by statistic over and over and over. Statistically speaking (again cant show you because I am forbidden) the ones who bash, complain and cry about mods are repeat rule breakers.

I had no intent on this turning into a bash and defend session and I apologize to Antz for that .. I merely meant for a Q & A. Ask a direct question or make a direct statement in which you believe true, we answer within our permitted limitations. AKA clear up misconceptions and myths of the moderation team.

Yes I am very blunt - ask anyone who has dealt with me. I don't pull punches and speak things as they are not what they seem or could be. I have earned my position through experience and example and I will continue to do so. All I ask is you stay out of my radar. Keeping off my radar means you are being a well behaved, rule abiding player. I love my rule abiding players - they mean I get to spend more time with my family.

DeletedUser15357

Not trying to make this a game or something it's not. But it's a Q&A and I've had many Qs go unanswered.. Including my first point in my last post (while not posed as a question, the question is why is this allowed/where is the un-biasness if this is the case?) Would also like to add that other points I brought up were avoided.. So now the question is why are they being avoided??

Secondly, nobody ever said you specifically stink or don't have good reviews [pluto].

Third, in response to your "rude and irate customers", this implies I'm being that way and I'd like to know how? Because I'm not. I call out poor show but I'm not saying "x mod is a dingaling" or whatever. My example was dealing with customer service. BUT, while that's a good point on the manager part, I do know that this is actually not a thing, at all, in any retail in the US. This is actually how managers get fired by doing so. So.. no..

Anyways, I'm not mad at the MODs in general (to clarify). I'm voicing concerns and issues because they're there, obvious, and well known by MANY in the game who have been playing for years like I have. We understand you guys have limits and rules too. But from what everyone sees, knows, and is told (and even by my examples and Bend as well) better can be done by both communication and action.

DeletedUser11502

Obviously there are issues on both sides of this. Everyone wants what is the best for the game and everyone is passionate about the game.

From the player side there is a distrust and conceptions and/or misconceptions about unknown world that Mods work in.

From the Mod point of view they have a job to do and want to do it, preferably with player support.

Then there is a wall between the two groups which would be the privacy and confidentiality issues that 'cloak' mods abilities to discuss the what occurs.

Frequently everyone is doing this
smiley_emoticons_wallbash.gif

Something to remember is that all of us started with zero knowledge of the game and built up from there. We also all want what is best for Grepolis game play. We may have different perspectives but in the end we all want to achieve the same thing - a smooth running game where someone gets crown without the legitimacy of the win clouded by cheating.

I want to clearing state this - there are topics of discussion that Mods are not permitted to discuss. One of those topics is what punishments are issued for what.

DeletedUser15357

Right, I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say the things I do/did. I know that the feelings and mood behind a text can be misplaced. Especially when the other side doesn't actually know the sender. BUT, you're absolutely right Antz. We all just want what is best for the game, and us (both sides).

:)

DeletedUser15165

Very interesting reading indeed and kudos to you Antz for starting the thread in the first place.

Nice to see Dottie and Pluto adding some spice to the thread as well.

I used to be part of the Support Team as an in game Mod sadly having to give up the role and playing the game as well due to health reasons, hoping to return to both when I'm fully mended.

The Support Team works tirelessly to ensure fair play across the server on all active worlds, yes we volunteers and yes we may get some compensation for doing it. But I'm sure if you ask any Mod they aren't doing the volunteer work for the compensation and they also aren't doing it for a power trip either. We do it to try and make the game a better and safer place for all players no matter who they are. Many of you will have played worlds alongside a Mod and had no idea that they were a Mod.

Bend24 your bashing of the Support Team is unfair on all levels, my guess is you've had endless run ins with Mods in the past, be it either of your own making or someone else's.

Now let me tel you a story that happened many years ago whilst playing another online game. This bully was going from world to world verbally abusing and physically threatening players and the Mods and game developers did nothing cause he was spending money on the game. He threatened to rape and murder one players kids. he reported him to the Mods and nothing happened. He even tried the Police who looked at him like he was nuts.

So the guy took things into his own hands. He hunted the abuser down and confronted him face to face, the outcome being that the player took less than 2 minutes to vent his anger at the abuser. The anger he took out on the abuser in that 2 mins left the abuser in hospital for 2 weeks and in a wheelchair for over 6 months, the bully had met his match a former member of the British SAS who takes threats to his family very seriously indeed. So that is a lesson to all keyboard warriors you don't know who is at the other end talking back to you be it a young teenager to an elderly person or some very important high profile person you just don't know.

Pandamus Prime with regards to the word 'boop'. There is no mention of it in the Oxford Dictionary, however there is a mention in the Urban Dictionary which is as follows. To poke an animal or something cute in the nose. But it may mean something totally different in many different areas.

To the Support Team keep up the fine work your doing an excellent job. To the many people out there who play the game as it was intended for fun and don't break the rules a thank you. To the rule breakers why do you have a spoil this great game for others you will be caught by Dottie and Pluto.

Have fun and remember it's a war game.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15357

Lurks: Dang.

Like I said, I had a close friend get taken to court over the game in recent time (Actium) because of "threats". Things worked out and Judge called the guy who filed the complaint an idiot and threw it out because it was way untrue and quite contrary. Again all is well.

People are crazy that's for sure.

I do appreciate how you guys all chimed in and even are making post in other places (where needed) in order to address these things!

DeletedUser9276

Bend24 your bashing of the Support Team is unfair on all levels, my guess is you've had endless run ins with Mods in the past, be it either of your own making or someone else's.
Sigh.

This is the mod go to. I already stated that I have been a law abiding citizen for over 5 years now. I had one "offense" which wasnt even me breaking the rules. Just a mod on a power trip. I won't go into the details of it though as that would be breaking the rules (how convenient for the mods). I will say there was no proof offered though and I even provided proof that showed the mod was full of it. My brother did quit because of what happened though which sucks as he and I played this game together for a few years.

I have heard personal stories from other for years of your guys poor handling of things. The response rate aways was and still is a joke. But hey, lets pretend their is no issues and that anyone complaning must be a rowdy rule breaker. The only players that like mods are newbies who dont know better and brown nosers.

An excellent example on this server is "boop" having to change their alliance name. Freaking "boop" are you kidding me? Might as well ban giraffes next.

;)

DeletedUser11502

Thank you for that, unfortunately as much as we can sympathize, our hands are tied when it comes to providing evidence. The support team is not permitted to show what evidence that they have. As far as I am aware the reasons for this is three fold (in no particular order).

First is the security of the game. Unfortunately there are players out there that will help those who create the unauthorized scripts. By revealing the information from our tools, they can and will use that information to make their scripts harder to detect. Keep in mind those script writers normally make money selling their scripts to players.

Second - some of the information found in the support tools maybe considered proprietary information.

Third - is understanding what those tools show us and that takes training and experience.

I cannot speak to what happened in your ban. I can say however if any mod on the current us team finds sufficient grounds to ban a player, they need to document the evidence of the violation using the support tools and attach it in their notes. They also know that they can be challenged on their evidence by senior moderators scrutinizing those bans at any time.

Our preference is that it is best when players are playing and enjoying the game, not sitting on the sidelines waiting out bans. However, sometimes players need to be sent to the sidelines.