the best army formation ... ?

DeletedUser

i do have
300 slinger
200 hope
100 horseman ..... and 900 population fee ....

what and how many units to produce .... ??????

and what is the best offensive nuke in general and the best defensive nuke formation ... ?

DeletedUser271

The cheapest OLU (Offensive Land Unit) nuke and the fastest to build is the slinger one and the most common.

But the best are Mythical Units nukes, either harpies, manticores, erinies or griffins. Harpy nukes are the fastest to build and are common in early game, but later on the best would be manticores, erinies or griffins nukes, depending on what defense the city you're attacking has. Flying myth units (manticore, harpy, griffin) are very useful on a conquest world to break sieges, but also have their uses on revolt worlds to land a revolt without clearing the navy.

As for defense, as I said in another thread, there used to be a ratio on building DLU (Defensive Land Units) nukes, but it has changed a while back and no one has the will/math abilities to make it out again that I know of :) I wouldn't recommend myth nukes for defense as they're basically useless if the other city doesn't worship the same god.

All this depends on your play style, some disagree with what I just said, there is not one true way of playing, only different points of view :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1048

Also have to remember a balance defense might not be ideal anymore. With mantis and harpies being easier to get now a defense stronger against them is probably better. Old defense ratio was 6:5:4. I just forget if it was swords, hops, archers, swords, archers, hops or some other combination.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1048

I did some math and a ratio of
1 sword: 1 arch : 2 hop
will give a completely balanced defence

Good to know, thanks for doing the math. Well actually having a divine envoy nuke would be a balanced defense too. Just not a very good one.

DeletedUser

Good to know, thanks for doing the math. Well actually having a divine envoy nuke would be a balanced defense too. Just not a very good one.

it is only 6.875% more defense per pop than the envoy nuke